Sunday, September 28, 2014

231. Europe Bicycle Trip--Middleburg and Lenny

I reached Middleburg earlier than the time I could be at my address. I stopped at a little shopping center and had a treat at a bakery and a nice cold bottle of Pepsi but there was no place to sit so I just sat on the curb near Silver. It was pretty hot today and I had cycled 83.22 km. Afterwards, I bought a few groceries at Spar and then went to my address.

Lenny greeted me and showed me where to bring Silver around and put her by the shed. she helped me bring my belongings in and made me a cup of tea.
My bedroom
The desk in my bedroom. We tried all Lenny's numbers to get internet but it didn't work.
View of the backyard from my bedroom window. I went down in the garden and had my supper. I had a bun with peanut butter and banana and a Dutch sausage pastry. I watched the weather on TV and worked on some photos. I also tried to arrange a place to stay for Saturday.I had Friday arranged already. I called Joke but got her husband, Roland and they would be busy this weekend. I also called Thea in Oesgtgeest but she has grandchildren over this weekend. I also called a few friends of the Bicycle places but it seems that Saturday is not good because of the BIG soccer match for Netherlands. I went to bed at 10 but had trouble sleeping because I had my supper too late.
My new friends like Lenny always make me feel so comfortable in their homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment