Wednesday, September 10, 2014

207. Europe Bicycle Trip--Pig, Chicken and Goat Farms, Time For Ice Cream



God is GOOD! Life is good. The weather is good. The bicycle trail is good. The people I meet are good. The scenery is good.


A potato field. I haven't seen a nice potato field like this since I was in Prince Edward island in 2010 on our Bicycle trip to the East Coast of CANADA.

A pig farm but I don't smell anything. Apparently the rules for that are very strict here.

The skeleton of a house. In Canada, the wood framing is usually done first and the brickwork later.

The end boundary of Nederweert--that is a little like a suburb district

An asparagus field

A chicken farm

Close up—onions

An onion field

When I passed this goat farm near Houtsberg, there was a sign saying you could come in the SKY room and have a look. I decided that since I was early and needing a break, that I would go and see what I could learn about goats. It was very informative. I watched a video about the whole life of the milking goat and looked at their charts and photos.

Geitenfarm (Goat farm) 'De Houtsberg

MANY goats feeding (I was sad because I think that they never get to go outside)

The milking area

After my tour, I stayed and had my lunch at their picnic table and the family dog who looks a little like Storm (Eric's dog) joined me and begged for tidbits of my small lunch of a Dutch cheese sandwich and a raisin bun.

A little ways down the same road I passed this sign"Ijsboerderij Gommers" (Ice cream cow farm Gommers). I decided to treat myself to an ice cream dessert.

Cute parking signs--Fietsen (Bicycles) to the right

My small, expensive dish of ice cream on the cute table. Tafel 23 Binnen Bestellen (Table 23 Pay inside)

The monument near the Wood Mountain in Nederweert field is a cast iron cross. The cross is a sign of suffering, struggle and victory.

The inscription on the memorial reads: "In memory of Cases of Dutch Soldiers. May 1940". It commemorates soldiers in the field of service of the Netherlands1940-1945.

A canal with still water by Nederweert

I talked with Bas near the canal crossing. He was out for a ride.

I crossed on the bridge over the Zuid Willem's Vaart Canal and followed my GPS to my Friend of the Bicycle address for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment