Sunday, September 21, 2014

221. Europe Bicycle Trip--Temporary Fix


After my tour of Hans' library and art studio, Helene took me to the home of a friend, Eline whose husband, Hans, was willing to have a look at my rack since the bicycle stores were closed today.

Hans  has a little shop in their garage and he set to work to see what he could do for my front rack.

He had to fashion a piece at his workbench to join the front rack bar together again. He is a real handyman and has put together a motorcycle for himself.

Thank you Hans for doing this for me.  (Note: The rack held together for the remainder of my trip although I did not put any weight on it .)

Helene, Eline and Hans and happy Silver

Thank you to all of you.


In the afternoon, I went for a ride on Silver to test out the repair job and find where some of the bicycle stores were located. It was a nice ride with no mishaps. I saw this neat bicycle in a flower bed.

When I returned from my test bicycle ride, I found Helene working in their beautiful flower garden.

Helene trims the low bushes and Hans takes care of the high ones.

Very trim and neat

The outside back patio

Helene with her flowering hydrangea bush.

The flowers are just starting and beautiful.

A different type of hydrangea

We had a delicious supper of fish, little spuds and carrots.

A delicious dessert of raspberries and yogurt followed.
In the evening we watched the videos of the Van der Pryt reunion that Hans, Helene, Adinda and Alex came to Canada for many years ago. Dave and I and our children were unable to attend that reunion. Later I skyped Dave and wrote in my journal.

1 comment:

  1. When was that reunion Mary Ann? I must have missed it too!!

    ReplyDelete