Friday, September 26, 2014

230. Europe Bicycle Trip--Hot and Windy=Ice Cream

After I crossed the Zuid-Zeeland Canal I went south a little to the Voorhaven where the canal meets the Westerschelde (Sea) before turning west into the wind and toward Middleburg.
Flags at the Voorhaven

It is so nice to bicycle along the sea!
Panorama


This windmill is a "Vestas".

Windmills, the Sea and the Dike= the Netherlands

I stopped and had my lunch at a little shelter with a bench. It was turning into a warm day.

Selfie in the heat and wind

Finally, I had to turn inland toward Middleburg.passing some more orchards.

's-Gravenpolder is 20 km east of Middleburg and has a population of 4089.

Maartenskerk - a Protestant church in 's-Gravenpolder

Past the village was a knooppunt sign for 77 below the cute train symbol marking a train track crossing.

The warehouses of a fruit farm


Before the next village of Nisse I came to this "Kaasboerdery" (Cheese Farm)
They also sold ice cream and since it was so hot, I decided to have a treat.

Yummy!

Continuing west, I came to 's-Heerenhoek which is 12 km. east of Middleburg and has 1335 villagers.

A tricycle for twins?

Sister and Brother have a new baby sister.

As I bicycled past Quarleshaven, I could see many cranes.



No comments:

Post a Comment