Sunday, September 14, 2014

212. Europe Bicycle Trip--Marijka's Schuur

My Friends of the Bicycle place for tonight was in the countryside near the town of Oirshot. I went down the road following my GPS and when it said that I had arrived at my destination, I stopped and went tot he house and knocked at the door. A lady answered and I said, Hi, I'm Mary Ann and I am here a little early but happy to have found the address. The lady looked very puzzled and asked me what I wanted and I said I had called for a place to stay for the night. She informed me that I wouldn't be there and then I realized that this wasn't the correct place. She suggested that I try the house around the corner so I humbly apologized and rode off.
Around the corner, there was a place but it was hard to see due to all the GREEN.
It was the correct place and a man named Leo said that his wife wasn't home yet but that i would be in the "schuur". My translation of that word into English is "shed" but this little building was like a little house.
Side view-Leo gave me the key and the internet code and said his wife, Marijka would come by later.
Thank goodness that his dog wasn't mean, but also not overly friendly.
The kitchen area
The table for easting and working
The bed was like two twin beds side by side
I had a shower and worked on my journal and blogs. I skyped Dave and got  a skype from Silja in Germany. Then I cooked my rice and tuna supper over my little camping stove outside.
Marijka came home. She had been to a funeral. I found out that she can not hear well and has to read lips so she always has to look at my face. She doesn't know English well so we talked in Dutch. We talked about death and heaven and Jesus. I told her my beliefs and how Jesus has watched over me every day and has sent angels to help me. Marijka says that she doesn't believe anything right now. That was sad to hear.

1 comment:

  1. She has the same name as my granddaughter Marika!!!! She must have been through some tough times to not believe anything, but as long as she is happy and leading a good life, that is okay.

    ReplyDelete