Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Tuesday, Sept.3, 2019 Day 4 of Barge-Bike Trip-Texel




We sailed at 6:30 am. this morning from Den Oever to Den Helder. We had breakfast on the way. We had to have everything ready to leave the barge with our bicycles at 9:30 am. 


We were taking the big ferry to Texel because the weather was not conducive for our barge to go over the crossing.
.
On the ferry

It was a short 30 minute ride. Then we were off and bicycling.

Bicycling on the new dunes

View inland 

All the other sheep went by before I could get the camera ready.

Many bunkers with cannons

Water pump station

Oudeschild

Bicycling through the town

Houses in a line

.
Water on both sides

Cemetery for Georgians who were forced to fight and died in battles that were still taking place after World War 2 ended.
Roses mark the graves

Josephine in a wool shop in Den Burg

Large knitting needles and wool

I love Texel

Our group got split up and while our leader was gone searching for the others, I made friends with this couple and gave my cards. 

Our group stayed separated. Sietse came with us and finally we all met up in De Hoorn. I was a little disappointed because I did not get time to visit the couple I met 5 years ago . To cheer up myself and the group, I played Dutch kerimis music out loud on my speaker while I bicycled all the way up and down our group right up to our wait by the ferry when the song "rijt by de waterkant" came on. We had a little free time before supper.




On the ferry ride back I made friends with Kim who was on a motorized bicycle and I gave her my cards.







No comments:

Post a Comment