Monday, September 2, 2019

Saturday, August 31st, 2019 Traffic Jam, First day of Boat-Barge Trip

In the morning I went for a jog and, folded my laundry and worked on my packing. After we had breakfast together outside, Dick and Carla left to go car shopping at 11 am and I continued packing, let the dogs out for a quick pee and played with them in the back yard after I ate my leftover pizza.for  lunch.

We picked up Josephine at 2 pm. and expected to arrive at the boat early. However we got caught in a major traffic jam  that took us 2 hours to get out of. Dick was very patient through it all. I called the boat  to say we would be late and finally  we made it with 2 minutes to spare.
Our barge- Sailing Home

By the front of the barge

Josephine trying her e-bike

We met the crew...

...and our bicycle leader, Sietse

It will take me a while to learn everyone's names

We did a short one hour ride around Amsterdam practicing hand signals and corner designations.
After supper we went for a walk with Sietse who pointed out various buildings.

The Oude Kerk

A bench made from a car

A hotel with fancy art on the outside






Fancy windows

Night time on the canal

Rembrant's house

A poem in the center of the street by a monument.

City hall with the diagram of water levels in Amsterdam.

We went back and settled in our rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment