Saturday, September 14, 2019

Thursday, September 12th, 2019 Bicycle to Heemstede and then along the dunes to South Holland

I was hoping to go to Amsterdam today with Josephine and Ellen but they have changed their mind and are touring Heemstede and Haarlem again today. I guess I was on my own. In the morning I walked around the lake and then on to the local shopping plaza to mail a postcard and buy some cards.  Carla was gone to Texel for the day with her friend, Agnita, a former schoolmate and neighbour of Dick.
 Agnita and Carla

 Fire training


 Dutch ducks

 Machines to trim the hedges

 Marathon street

 Athletic street

The local library

Watch your speed

 After a quick lunch sandwich, I decided to go for a bicycle ride. I would start and go to Heemstede and see how Komoot would take me toward Ellen's house. I would take my speaker and listen to music. Just as I got in the Heemstede area Komoot stopped working and I tried several times to get it going without any luck. Good thing that didn't happen during my bike trip. I decided just to ride around looking at the map. I knew Hageveld was to my right. Then I remembered some areas from driving there with Dick. I was going up the street toward the lane where Ellen lived and saw two people walking towards me. It was Josephine and Ellen just finishing a long walking tour outing. We talked for a while and then I decided to move on.

I looked at the map and bicycled so that I was headed toward the sea. I went all the way to Zandvoort and then followed the dunes south. The wind was strong in my face.
 Zandvoort beach

 Kitesurfing


 2 Male deer

 Close up

 Dunes

Lots of sand blowing

I had started this venture at 3 pm so it was now getting after 4 pm. The dunes seemed to go on forever. I came to a sign saying I had passed into South Holland.  I started to wonder where I could turn inland again. A few kilometers before Noordwijk an Zee there was a road going toward Lisse so I took that.

I passed that area and came to a sign Hillegom. I noticed a few calls from Dick when I checked my phone so I called him back. He was going sporting and would leave the key for me.

 Hillegom

 In Biensdorp there was a carnival going on so I took some photos and videos. I passed by an oliebollen stand and couldn't resist and bought two cherry filled ones for dessert for the evening for Dick and I.





On the way home my holder bracket for my GPS came loose from the tape that it was secured on and I had to hold the whole unit with my left hand which was quite awkward. Thank goodness that didn't happen during my bike trip. I arrived home at about 7 pm. and found the key to go in. Later Dick came home, cut the grass and then made supper. We watched TV until Carla and Agnita came home. Then we shared the oliebollen 4 ways and talked about our day's activities. Carla modeled her new coat for us. Late to bed  is getting to be usual.

Agnita and Carla

With me

1 comment:

  1. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via (Morrisanonymouscards@gmail.com)

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Morrisanonymouscards@gmail.com}

    Visit our Website for more Info: Morrisanonymouscards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete