Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 8 Sunday, July 21,2013

Merrick State Park to Lacrosse 77 or 84 km(my odometer and GPS differ) in 4 hrs 18 min.

Happy Wedding Anniversary, Chris and Melissa!!!

It rained during the night so the tent and bicycle cover and food bag (which I hang up) are all wet. It is overcast and foggy but cooler and nice for riding. I listened to music for the first time because the traffic was light. I  had to remind myself to stop and take pictures so I can remember later. There are still bluffs on the left and lots of green stagnant water areas on the right as the main channel of the river is farther away now. The river has a series of locks and I passed 8 and 7. They work like the ones at home. Parts of the ride today also  went inland enough to see some farms and cropland that has water sprayers going. The corn is very high. At Centerville it started drizzling. I went into a gas station and had a cinnamon roll with icing(gigantic ) and chocolate milk.Later I had to put on rain gear and it poured. I stopped at a store for a while but then decided to go as I wanted to get to Lacrosse to stay in a motel. For a while I was on a RED highway and it was busy and I had to dodge truck tire debris on mu side of the rumble strip. I was praying for the Lord to guide my wheels because it would have been a bad place and time to have a flat. I finally made it to Onalaska by and to George street and then the Super 8  lunch and walked in dripping wet into a Dairy Queen where I befriended Charleen and Mark who gave me advice about a Super 8 (the safest place) and grocery store. After getting lost briefly I made the proper left turn off the busy highway(made of cement with 5 inch cracks all over).Finally i made it to the Super 8, cleaned poor Silver and showered and did groceries, have finished 4 blogs and now at 8:19, I will eat and relax. I tried to call Caroline and to Skype Sarah with no results. Dave, I can't Skype you because you are not

















on the list here. I will email you.

No comments:

Post a Comment