Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 4, Wednesday, July 17,2013

Luck to Osceola  45 km in 3 hours
I forgot to mention that the wind has been in my face every day so far. Yesterday and today were pretty strong. I was awke at 5 and left at 6:30. I don't feel well  today at all.  I met Terry whose car broke down in Chicago and he had no finances to get it repaired and so he is bicycling to Duluth to start a tiling job there. He spent last night behind a church.  After a while I decide to take the Gander Rail Trail. I could have taken it from Danbury but it looked to rough for my little tires but the last 6 miles into St. Croix Falls was quite nice and shady to boot. It saved me taking a couple of county roads and was even more direct. I passed 3 cyclists. The hill down into St. Croix was awesome. I was holding my brakes pretty tight because there were some stop signs on the way down . Finally I saw the St. Croix River but from my view tne dam wasn't that visible. I had to wait 2 hours for the bicycle store to open. I pulled out my blue mat and laid down in the shade. Nothing was wrong with the pump after all, thank goodness. So luckily I had only a smaller hill to leave and headed south on 35 to Osceola where the drossing to MInnesota is not as busy. It was about 95 degrees and I decided I needed a motrl room. There is only 1 Inn here and fairly expensive but I need it. I bathed, slept, did laundry and did groceries as I have used up my food. So I have done daily journals but don't promise to keep it up daily. Tomorrow's plan, Lord -willing and weather permitting is to cross into Minnesota and take 95 to Stillwater and then cross back into Wisconsin to avoid construction and continue south from there.





No comments:

Post a Comment