Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DAY 3, Tuesday, July16,2013

Thankful for a safe night of sleep-I was welcome to come into the house if there were wolves or thunder or lightning. the gauge on the pump doesn't seem to be working so Penny and \i looked up some bicycle shops. the closest is in St. Croix Falls. I arrived in Danbury by 9 am and had a second breakfast and a huge double waffle cone at the Trading Pst just like I did in the same place during our 2008 trip.
I stopped at the tourist info in Siren and had lunch across the street at the town park. I wasn't feeling very good and jumped in the lake with all my bicycle clothes and went under to cool off. It felt so great!! I chatted with  Mike and Andrea Rogers and 5 children (Nicole,Lauren, Ben, Maria and Josh) at lunch. They are from Minnesota and are vacationing in the area by renting a home. A very nice family.I went on to Frederick where I hoped to spend the night. I had to drink 2 bottles of Gatorade before I started feeling a little better. I went into the library and sent a short message and then went to the beautiful big park that had several shelters. A little trailer was there and so I asked the lady about camping. She said she would call and ask and also suggested 2 other spots around the lake. However permission was not given and then Dale, the policeman showed up and said I coudn't camp anywhere around the lake and the next town 6 miles away was suggested as there are no motels here. Well I was a little teary and even asked a neighboring house before I headed down the hot road after wasting about an hour. Finally after several big hills I arrived in Luck. I camped behind the Lion.s Club park building since the little campground was in the sun, low, buggy and later noisy due to a ball game. Later in the evening a golf cart with Frank, Erica and Cathleen found me and we chatted. They are planning a Triathlon. Poor Cathleen who represents the USA and will compete in Ottawa this summer had road rash all over face,arms,knees and shoulder from a fall braking for a squirrel. I told her about the deer that c rossed not 5 feet in front of me today. BUT I could not sleep and was awake most of the night. On the way into town I had asked direstions from Tammy and friends  and I should have taken her up on her offer instead of going to the campground. I will never refuse that again just because you sleep better because you know you have permission and maybe the Lord wanted me to get to know her better. We did the same thing once in Quebec and I should know better.








No comments:

Post a Comment