Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 71- An iceberg didn't make me feel better.











Day 71 Sunday, July 18, 2010 Distance 96.26 km. Time 5 hr. 22 min. Total so far 4905.71 km. We left at 7 am this morning from closed Birchy Lake Campground. A truck was in the driveway and some guys were going to cross to go fishing. We told them the owner was back from BC. It looks like lots of the locals go across the campground to get to the lake. The Green Bay tourist area is bounded off by a long cement fence on both sides of the highway. The terrain was moose bog again mixed with evergreens. There were some hills. After taking photos of Indian Brook, we stopped at a visitor center. Three young girls were anxiously waiting for customers but none of them could tell me the name of the bush with red flowers that was everywhere last night. This center had a huge iceberg statue so I had Dave take my photo by it. My hot weather attire contrasted with the cold iceberg and if it had been real, I would have hugged it. We had a disagreement at lunch. Dave has been going ahead a lot and I suggested that he take the photos so I don't have to keep stopping but he didn't want to do that. Then after we had lunch by the outgoing cement fence where I took a lot of flower pictures, he wanted me to go ahead but I didn't like that because I felt pressured to go fast and missed some photos because of that. I felt terrible in the afternoon. The hot wind was in my face, my ears and throat hurt, my butt hurt, and I felt that I had no energy. When we saw the sign for Catamaran Park, I said that I wanted to stop even though we had planned to go to a campground farther up the highway. I was out of water anyway. We set up the tent and had a shower before a super thunder and lightning storm came. During a reprieve from the rain, we came out and had a quick supper. I went to bed exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment