Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 27-Waiting for the UPS mail








Day 27 Friday, June 4, 2010 Distance 14.01 Time 59 min. Total so far 1934.56 km. Today, we had to wait all morning to see if Dave's rim will arrive by UPS. It's almost 1 pm with no results yet. We have tidied our room a little, watched a movie, gone over maps, written emails and talked to Sarah and Tryne on Skype. The weather is good and I am itching to get back on the roads after a good rest. Finally, Chenango Point Cycles called and away we went. Matt worked on Dave's wheel and had a good system for spoking it. While they worked, I rode to the nearest post office to mail a parcel. It was a huge building and the lineup was about 20 long. Even the bicycle store had more workers than the two here and the one that I finally got said it was his first day there. In the line I got to talking to Michael whose son used to tour. I was telling him that I was worried about my bicycle even though it was locked outside. When I finished mailing my parcel, I found him outside watching over Silver. We took a photo and he wished me a good trip. Back at the store,they were almost done and I was talking about Silver never having a chain replacement so they hoisted her up to have a look. Apparently her chain is the most stretched Josh, Jeff and Matt have ever seen which is why I have had some slipping with the biggest chain ring. However it is better at this point to change both front and back ring systems as well as the chain. They did not have all the parts in stock so back at the motel we called ahead to a store in Schenectady with no luck and then to Rick's Bicycle shop in Glen Falls which will have the parts and will be about 3-5 days ride from here weather permitting as there is lots of rain in the forecast.

1 comment:

  1. Mom,
    I've seen the black and white picture of the four guys cycling. If you'll notice one of them is smoking! hahaha.....Great pictures. Sorry we missed you on Skype yesterday! Got caught up! Love you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete