Monday, July 24, 2023

Hoofddorp to Abe and Wil in Stolwijk

 After a restless night again I woke at 9 and Carla was busy with the grandchildren downstairs. I checked my phone and then brought all my bags downstairs and got Silver loaded. I had some breakfast , said goodbye to Dick who was going exercising and Carla and who took my photo. 

I was off . It was cool and windy. Komoot worked great as I went past skateboard places, greenhouses, sheep, my first windmill, beautiful houses and great bicycling roads and many canals. I arrived at Abe and Wil's at about 2 :30 and it spit a few drops of rain just as I unloaded . We had a cup of tea and got reacquainted from the last visit. Their son Mark also said hello. Abe is working on a documentary of this area. Wil has her birthday and was getting lots of phone calls. We enjoyed a nice supper of broccoli  , potatoes and a cheese sauce and cucumber salad with cheese for dessert. Then Wil gave me a tour of the yard with flowers, trees, chickens and showed me how she catches, kills  the crayfish and gives some to the chickens and boils, cracks and eats the rest in salads. I tried one and it was better than the lobster I have had.  The granddaughters, Lotte 8 and Fleur 6 from next door  came over and I played with them . Then we watched the documentary and it was another late night.









l


No comments:

Post a Comment