Friday, July 28, 2023

A day in Brussels

 I woke at the same time as Joris and said goodbye as he went off. He is a doctorate student in a specialized field of biology. Sarah is a general practioner. Both of them are very close to being finished and graduated. We had spent a lovely evening together  last night talking about each other 's travels, family and work. They were letting me use the apartment for the day. Thank you for your hospitality.  May God bless you both. 

I had a shower and did some blog work. I checked the weather and it was supposed to be dry now . I decided to go to AS Adventures and buy panniers. When I stepped outside it was raining. Lesson learned was to always bring rain gear. The storeroom a while to get to. They did have Orlieb big panniers but not in the plastic type of material. I put them on and decided to buy them. When I went to pay I couldn't find my credit card. What a dummy! I had to leave them and go back to the apartment.  Then I thought again what God wanted me to do. I decided my old ones would suffice.  I ate some of my food and went for a walk to the centrum using Strava. I saw lots of interesting buildings and lots of people.
















I had a hamburger and fries for lunch.



I resisted the temptation for chocolate. I saw a CAROLINE store.
On the way home I thought again about having enough time to go to the store again but when I checked Sikver to go she had a rear flat. Well that answered that. I found a very small piece of glass that had gone through the tire. It took a half hour to change . Then I called Joanna the next host. On the way there I walked all the cobblestone  and couldn't  believe the amount of glass. It was busy hour and all of a sudden mostly uphill. I walked a great portion of it but when I did that the chain came off twice. I was a dirty sweaty mess but Joanna was there to greet me. I had to take all the bags off again for the apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment