Friday, July 21, 2023

Arrival at Schiphol and Dick and Carla's house

 It was so comforting to see Dic's face through the glass at Schiphol. I found my suitcase immediately after and was blrssed at the oversize luggage to have a man there to help put it on the cart. Then in my hurry to get out I mistakenly went past a NO ENTRY sign and pressed a button that I thought was an elevator.  An alarm went off and I had to wait until a security person cleared me before I could leave. At the exit of the secure area I had to ask 2 young boys to carry the box through because  it was too narrow. Finally I met Dick eith a BIG hug and we stood the bike upright  and peered past the side  and made it to his car. He paid about 8 euro for the parking and we drove the short way home and met Carla who was very busy with the 2 new grandchildren, Riley and Fayen. Later I met the other grandparents who took the children for the weekend because everyone is going to Belgium for the Tomorrowland concert. I stayed up all day and put Silver together and tslked about Dick and Carla's personal missionary work in Senegal and Gambia. 






No comments:

Post a Comment