Friday, July 28, 2023

From Mieke and Bob in Boechout to Sarah and Jorik in Brussels

 Last night was the best sleep I have had since the beginning of the trip. Mieke and Bob came home late from the circus. 

During breakfast we had an interesting discussion about our beliefs. Mieke was raised Catholic and now does not know what to think. Bob talked about a friend who likens life to a river and people are droplets of water that come out, do their movement in the air for a while and then drop back in. I was able to tell the gospel of Jesus  that I believe. 




This is what Bob does so people will not steal his new E bike. 
Thank you to Mieke and Bob for their hospitality.  May God bless you both!
A short while later as I was cycling along in the misty rain I saw a woman walking a dig which was a Vizla like my daughter Emily has  I asked if I could take a photo of the dog and then met Sandra who asked me in for a cup of tea as she lived one house away.



Sandra is from Columbia and lives in a very modern house here. She was a grapic designer and has 2 teen daughters and a husband who is a banking lawyer. The whole family is well travelled. Her hobby is cooking and she has taken chef training.  We had a very pleasant visit together and I was glad that I was not in a hurry today and could accept the invitation. I believe God has a plan and puts people into one's life for a purpose. 


We said goodbye and I continued on past canals , nuclear towers and I stopped along a canal to have lunch.


Finally I came to Brussels. I noticed my back pannier had fallen off on one side and upon further inspection I saw that the hook was gone and the attachment piece was bent out of shape. I spent the rest of the day stopping  and trying to tie it somehow to stay on. 


In Brussels I saw a big group of policemen and cars and motorcycles so I thought I would ask about a bicycle store  . They helped me find the addresses of the closest two and although they would not let me take their picture they let me get on the motorcycle and took mine. They joked that I should trade vehicles.


Ciske in the bicycle store, Velodrome, only had small Orlieb bags to buy so he proceeded to repair mine. He was not able to get the rope through the tube so he attached some other piece he had. It took about an hour and was near 6 o'clock closing time but it got fixed.  I told him he was an answer to prayer because I prayed all  afternoon  that nothing more would break and I could find a shop that was open. I had tried one in a small town earlier that was closed.
God bless you Ciske for your patience  Then I proceeded on and stopped at a little Cafe to keep Silver and I dry while we waited for 7 o'clock . I ordered a drink and muffin but was served a small slice of cake instead.




I walked the short distance from the cafe to my warmshower address. Jorik was home and I unloaded Silver and he helped me carry her in. I spent the evening meeting Sarah and Jorik.

No comments:

Post a Comment