Saturday, July 29, 2023

From Joanna and Jaime in Brussels

 Joanna and Jaome and I had a pleasant evening together. They both work in economics. Joanna who is from Poland works for a private company and Jaime who is from Mexico works for the government of Belgium. During Covid they did their long bicycle trip because it was easy to cross borders only on a bike. Their apartment is also in downtown Brussels but they are looking to buy an older nice home.  They like to travel and Joanna likes to cook. She made a delicious vegetarian supper and we talked about our families, jobs and travels and we learned different things from each other. It was interesting  to hear of their cultures and also their bicycle trip from South of France to Poland.



I was able to tell Joanna and Jaime the long story of my broken rear pannier. It involved  a broken and then repaired old pannier,  a trip to the store and not finding my credit card and a flat rear tire. When I still thought I would go to the store in the morning Joanna suggested I could have a set of hers. I tried with success to see if everything would fit and it did so I insisted tgat I pay for them and now have "new" bags. After a Mexican breakfast they helped me load Silver and I was off feeling very thankful. Thank you so much to both of you. May God bless you . May you also find a suitable house to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment