Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Abe and Wil in Stolwijk to Vic in Breda

 We were up late watching Abe's documentary about this area so we were moving around about 9 this morning. We talked over breakfast about all the wonderful and unique trips they have taken by bike and boat. Wil made me a cheese sandwich and gave me a cucumber. They pulled Silver out of the garage and helped load her. Wil took some photos and I was off under beautiful skies and not too much wind. 

Everything  went well  with photos of a bunker and windmill and I made it to the ferry  just as it came across . Three of us went on. 

As the day went on I saw another windmill and took  a break on a picnic table in a wooded section and another in a bus shelter. I had some navigation  trouble at a big bridge but after asking 3 different  people I finally got on and over it. I had long stretches of straight  nice biking and made it to Breda about 3 pm. I waited at a bench in front of Breda University and had a snack . At 4 I walked the short distance to Vic's house and waited until she came home at 5.  

We greeted and I gave my card, a Canada flag and city pin and visited over a cup of tea. She used to be a teacher but now helps with a thrift store where proceeds go to help children in Africa.  She is divorced and has 2 daughters and a son.

We walked to the store and bought some yogurt and fruit. For supper we had a tomato soup with crackers and dried kale leaves and rice and vegetable mixture with cheese sauce. We talked all evening until 10. 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment