Sunday, October 19, 2014

254. Europe Bicycle Trip--Home Sweet Home, Thank You Lord Jesus!

My plane arrived in Toronto and I had to take the suitcase and bicycle through customs but neither of them were opened. They only looked at the paper that I had filled out. I was worried about having to cart the bicycle box all the way to the Air Canada terminal but after I got past the customs area there was a desk where I could leave the bicycle box. I was happy about that! I took my time to get to the Air Canada terminal and had a supper in The Swiss Chalet restaurant there because now I was hungry and my stomach was letting me know it. Then I waited but our plane was late due to bad weather. I started to get worried about having my extra souvenir bag to go on the smaller plane. I chatted with a girl who was also headed to Sault Ste. Marie and she had no bags at all so I asked her if she would take one of my bags if I had trouble when boarding. However, there was no trouble and I got on with everything.
Another Air Canada plane loading

I put my backpack on the cart and carried in my computer case and the yellow bag.

Some countryside after leaving Toronto

Southern Ontario

After quite a turbulent ride, I saw the bush around Sault Ste. Marie and Lake Superior
From my seat, I could see the wheel drop down.

Dave met me at our little airport. We were happy to see each other even though we had skyped a lot while I was gone. My suitcase and my bicycle box both arrived safely and we loaded the Subaru.


When we entered the house, I was greeted with welcome home balloons, flower bouquets and black forest cupcakes all of which was arranged by Emily.

Home Sweet Home after 90 days of adventure. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. You had a safe trip which was good!! We thought about you every day and prayed that you would be safe. It worked!!

    ReplyDelete