Sunday, October 12, 2014

246. Europe Bicycle Trip--Touring, Cleaning and Dogwalking

After my tour of the Grote Kerk of St. Bavo , I walked back out into the central market square and since I was hungry, I ordered some "poffertjes" (small pancakes), a pop and some ice cream before I proceeded to return to the bus station the way I had  headed this way earlier in the day. I took the bus to Hoofddorp station and then caught the next bus to Dick's area of the city.
Museum De Hallen (originally The Vleeshal--The Flesher's hall) where contemporary photograph and video presentations , with the focus on man and society. It is where I viewed the presentation, Sky.

I don't know what is going on here but the bicycle police are checking out this couple.

A beautiful red cargo bicycle

After I arrived at Dick's house, I had tea with Dick and Carla. After Carla went to work, I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the house for her. it is the least I can do for all their goodness to me.
Then I took Victor and Quintus for a walk with me keeping Victor on a leash for my first time walking with him. This is one of my attempts to take a photo of the dogs with me.

Turn around for the camera, please.     After the walk I skyped Dave and then Sarah. Dick and I had a supper of chicken and noodles . He worked in his office for a while and then while waiting for Carla to come home from work, he put on the music from Last Samurai and Da Vinci Code while I blogged and he worked on a tattoo design he is preparing for his 35th wedding anniversary next year. It is very clear to me that he is amazingly in love with his dear Carla . We talked after Carla came home and went to bed late again.

No comments:

Post a Comment