Friday, October 17, 2014

252. Europe Bicycle Trip--Goodbye Marnix, Goodbye Carla and Thank You So Very Much

Day 89, Monday, July 14, 2014. This is my last full day in the Netherlands. I can`t believe it.  Time has flown by! Dick and Carla left this morning to go to Gouda for Dick to have an operation on his leg for bad varicose veins. I took the free time to vacuum the house and clean the bathrooms for Carla. I walked the dogs.
Part of a pond that the dogs and I had to cross during our walk in the Toolenburg recreation area behind Dick`s house.

Two tents set up by some fishermen.
My last photo with a big wooden Dutch shoe

I took the bus back to the airport and exchanged Dave`s T-shirt for a smaller size and then I decided to buy one for each of my 5 children. I liked the two hooded lions on the T-shirts and I thought it would be nice to have a photo of all of them together wearing the T-shirt. I found some little Dutch tank tops for all my little grandchildren and bought some pens for the older ones. I saw this huge coffee cup at a cafe there.
I took the bus back to near Dick`s street, the IJweg. This sign translates ``Ride with your heart, then you will come home with it``. I skyped Dave, walked the dogs again all the way around the recreation area and had tea with Marnix, Dick and Carla. Marnix and Dick put my bicycle box in Dick`s vehicle. Then I said goodbye to Marnix and then to Carla who had to go to work this evening and would be in bed when I got up early tomorrow morning to go. I was going to bed EARLY tonight so I would not see her again. .


Goodbye Marnix--I wish you and Rineke all the best!
Goodbye Carla--God bless you for all your kindness to me !!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary Ann,

    I am the son-in-law (married to Jeannette) of To van Geene from Heemstede. You visited her in 2014. Is it possible that I can get your email address? You can send this to marcel364@gmail.com.

    Kind regards,

    Marcel Brouwer

    ReplyDelete