Monday, October 6, 2014

239. Europe Bicycle Trip--Women Working, Family Photos and the Toolenburg Plas

Today is Sunday, July 6th. It is Day 81of my 90 day trip. I am so happy that cousin Dick Van der Prijt and his wife, Carla will let me stay with them to finish off my trip. I wanted to give myself at least one week at the end of the trip to say goodbye to relatives, bring my Silver to the bicycle store to package her in the cardboard box and to rest and pick up a few souvenirs. Today, Dick and Carla had invited their sons Daniel and Marnix and his partner, Rineke for brunch and after eating, Dick wanted to put up a lamp post. Notice here that Rineke is WORKING while the men look on.

Now Carla is WORKING cleaning the tape off the lamp shades while the men are still looking on.

The men are pushing the lamp up and into the post hole with Carla WORKING to give an added push at the rear.

Now Carla is WORKING to push the men forward while Rineke is WORKING to get quickly to get into the best position to see if the lamp will be perpendicular to the ground. I was busy WORKING to video and photograph the event.

This is the kind of WORK that Daniel and Marnix enjoy. They both train for Mudder type of events.

I asked if I could take a family photo with the dogs included and they are all so good that I have included them all because the expressions especially on Dick, Carla and the dogs are interesting. From left to right :Victor, Marnix and Rineke, Daniel, Quintus, Carla and Dick (Carla admiring her Quintus) Quintus and Victor are "Grosser Schweizer Sennenhund","Great Swiss mountain dogs"  of the Sennen family originating in the Swiss Alps. The Senenhund are farm dogs of the general molosser type (solidly built, heavy bones, pendant ears, short muscular neck and short muzzzle) that sport a tricolor coat. 

(Quintus returning a loving look to smiling Dick)

Now both Carla and Dick are smiling at Quintus who has turned to check out what Victor is doing.

Now I've lost half of Victor's attention as he turns toward Quintus.

Rineke offered to take my photo with the family that have been so wonderful to me.

Victor, the younger of the two dogs has been patient long enough and thinks the photo session is over. I spent some time after Skyping Dave, looking up train and bus schedules and working on my blog. In the afternoon, I took Quintus for a walk in the land behind their house which is a big park.


Recreation play area and swimming place Toolenburg

Toolenburger place
This small lake in the front of the park is where a lot of people were swimming today. Behind the middle path is the bigger man-made lake for sailing and boating.
I crossed the bridge and went around the small lake the first time.


There is a path around the whole big lake.

Quintus stayed right by me the whole time and listened to my Dutch commands. Maybe next time I will be able to take Victor as well. He is younger and might not listen as well.




An interesting log wall to this building.
"Geen Honden", " No Dogs" The play and beach ares were well marked.
This little guy was transporting his friend in the cart. I had supper of soup and a sandwich with Dick because Carla had to go to work tonight. Then I worked on my blog while Dick worked in his office for an hour. When he came in, we had dessert and watched a movie called Tristan and Isolde, a middle ages romance which had me in tears at the end. We waited for Carla to come home from work and stayed up talking for an hour and then went to bed.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really nice family. Wish I could eet more of my VanderPrijt cousins!!

    ReplyDelete