Wednesday, October 15, 2014

250. Europe Bicycle Trip--Quintus and Victor, Memories, Marnix and Rineke, and a Greek Thank You Meal

Day 87 Saturday, July 12. My time is running out! I woke up early but went back to sleep until 10 am. I read, prayed, worked in my journal, emailed Pauline, Called and said goodbye to Tante Betty and Ome Jan, put Nelleke's photos on Facebook and Skyped Dave.
We had buns outside for breakfast and Quintus and Victor know that I am their buddy now.
Quintus (blue collar) and Victor (red collar) both get a little piece from me.
Sako and Riku will be jealous of my new friends! 
Dick's brother Walter came over for a while and I said goodbye to him. He is a very lively character for a cousin. He has the humor of a Van der Prijt. Dick did the groceries and cut the grass while Carla walked the dogs and I finished packing my suitcase. I was leaving some clothes, my helmet which was broken and my old running shoes. Dick and I went to pick up the bicycle box at the bicycle store and brought it back and put it in the garage. I weighed it with some scales that Carla bought for me and it was over 50 pounds so I took a few things out like a lock, the pedals and a bag and repacked them in my suitcase and my backpack until I had 50 pounds for the box and 50 pounds for the suitcase and a pretty heavy backpack. I hoped that the scale at the airport would be the same because I didn't know how I could change it otherwise.
we had a little time to look at some old photos. Here are the Van der Prijt brothers with their father. Dick is on the far left with Walter beside him. The other sons are Ron, Alphonse and Cook and their sister Joke is not in this photo. 
This photo shows many in Carla's family.
Collage photo put together after the death of Dick's father and my Ome Cor
We went a few streets away and visited at Marnix and Rineke's home for a few minutes to see their new kitten.
Living room and their older cat asleep in its basket on the couch. They are still separating the cat and the kitten most of the time until they get used to each other.
Rineke in the dining area
Marnix in the kitchen
A shed that they just finished building
A very lovely backyard.
Rineke with playful "Fluffy"
What a cutie!
Meow!!
We drove to downtown Hoofddorp to the Greek restaurant that Dick and Carla had chosen when I said that I wanted to take them out for a Thank You supper.
Cheers--Sous-lika--a Greek licorice drink
Appetizers
Meat rolls
A variety of meats
We had a delicious meal and had a great conversation about how to get to heaven--by faith or works --my belief being that it is only through FAITH in the Lord Jesus' work on the cross.
As we ate our dessert, the TV in the restaurant announced a score for Netherlands in their World Cup bronze medal game against Brazil. We watched the rest of the game at home and Netherlands won the bronze with a 3-0 win.

No comments:

Post a Comment