Wednesday, October 15, 2014

249. Europe Bicycle Trip--Italian Supper and a Movie

I was LATE so I basically ran from the Frans Hals Museum along many streets back to the Market Square and the St. Bavokerk. I was to meet Dick and Carla at a cafe there.
I am still intrigued by all the different kinds of bicycles in the Netherlands.




Crossing t6he central square to check out the cafe.

There are many outside eating places in the square.

I went around the whole square and still did not see Dick and Carla. I had phoned them from the museum so I knew they couldn't be much longer. I sat on a bench to wait and then they finally arrived-also a bit late. I was happy that we found each other. We had a drink at the outside Brinkman cafe and then crossed to the other side of the street to an Italian restaurant. We decided to eat inside as the sun was starting to go down and it was a little warmer inside.

First we had antipasto of grilled vegetables

Then we each had a pizza. Thank you for a delicious supper, Dick and Carla!

We walked downa few streets to a modern cinema which has been built on the land that used to occupy the school where Dick taught. . Carla bought a treat and we watched the movie, Maleficent. In the parking garage, Dick had some trouble with the coin machine but finally the problem was solved and we headed back to Hoofddorp. I found out that evening that my cousin Lia lives in Hoofddorp also so I will try to visit her on Saturday or Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment