Monday, August 5, 2013

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip, Day 16

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip, Day 16, Monday, July 29, 2013

68. 37 km. in 4 hr. 11 min. from County Z just before 21 at Bob's house to Hwy P or 66,  10 miles before Steven'

I said goodbyes to Bob and Wally and took photos. I left at 6:45. The road was empty. Except for animals. So far on the trip I have had several deer , a little fox, a raccoon and a mouse run across in front of Silver.From Monroe there was nice pavement and a bicycle lane edge which was amazing as this was out in the country. First rest stop was at lake Petenwell at a little dock and picnic table area. Second stop was by a boat landing near Devil’s Elbow- a 90 degree bend in the road by a beautiful bay. After the bicycle lane disappeared, I started seeing advertisement signs. The two big lakes are pst now and we are following the river again. Outside of Nekoosa, a young boy on a bicycle passed me and then  we took turns passing each other. In the town, there was a lovely separate bicycle path through the town. I stopped and talked to Jim on a recumbent. I got chocolate milk and cookies at a gas station and this trail made it a lovely ride into Wisconsin Rapids. It was an easy road following the river with little traffic. I stopped several times for photos. Near the outside of the city , I had to ask 2 ladies and then later a guy working on a truck for directions to get me from 10 and 34 to Hwy. 66. I had to go several miles on the busy road and then found 660r also known as - a newly paved with generous edge Hwy with very little traffic and quite flat. I was cruising in



















s Point at Cera Park









and out of the side rumble strips. When I thought that I would have lunch, I saw Cera Park. It is a camping park with three pools, Basketball, volleyball, mini golf and so on which was made for the employees of the paper mills of Wisconsin rapids and Steven’s Point. If they are not full, the public can also use it. I thought I would have lunch and check on the computer if Steven’s Point had camping. When I couldn’t contact them by phone and seeing this was such a beautiful place, I decided to stay. It only cost 8 dollars. I set up on a site by the river, had a swim,had a shower, played mini golf , bought a treat and called Caroline. Caroline said the Wallis, came up for Amy’s baptism. They are busy packing for their upcoming camping trip. She will give me info for her friend, Nikky in Rhinelander. The neighbour camping lady Lynn and granddaughter, Ashlynn came over to chat and later gave me some roasted sweet corn which was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment