Friday, August 9, 2013

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip--Day 23

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip-Day 23, Monday, August 5, 2013

RAIN day in Boulder Junction

I woke at 5:30 and it was very dull and overcast. I put on my bicycle clothes, got up and turned on the TV on mute. The weather radar showed storms coming this way this morning. I waited until Al got up and we decided I should wait until 10 to see what  happens. Al went to his job at the golf course but at exactly 10 it poured and thundered and didn’t stop. Al also came home as no one was golfing. We watched several DVD's in a series Wide is the Gate-The Emerging New Christianity by the Berean Call organization--quite interesting!!He made  us grilled cheese and a smoothie of fruit and kale(for the eyes) for lunch. Then he let me use his vehicle to go to the post office to mail some postcards and check his mail and then to the library where I could get internet until 4 pm and I can’t get it at his house. But the photo process of the blog was slow and frustrating as they didn’t load in order. I went home and we watched one more DVD that he just received in the mail about evolution and creation. Later he made a berry pie in about 10 minutes. I couldn’t believe how easy he made it look. The main meal was boiled potatoes and fried hotdogs and leftover salad. Then he taught me how to play a card game Hand and Foot where you use 5 decks of cards. After many hands, we checked the weather which looks good until later tomorrow and went to bed. It rained most of the day today and it was cool so I’m thankful to the Lord for allowing Al and Lois to have me stay.









No comments:

Post a Comment