Monday, August 12, 2013

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip-Day 25

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip-Day 25, Wednesday, August 7,2013

Park City to Ashland    89 km.  in 5 hr.

I could hear the rain during the night and was very glad to be dry and warm in the motel. Even though it is now dark outside , my body still wants to wake up early . I had some of the motel’s continental breakfast , packed and was on the wet road by 6:30 am. The land is still mostly forest or swamp with only a few farms. I saw 2 deer again ,ready to cross the road but they went leaping off when they saw me. They are beautiful to watch when they leap through the woods. No wonder though, that many of the vehicles have bars in front of the fenders because there are a lot of deer collisions. Took long breaks every hour because Hwy. 13 has many bumps. I tried to find the least bumpy part of t he road when there were no cars around. Up to Glidden, there were a lot of lumber trucks. They were empty in my direction and full going south.   The wind was from the north and that didn’t help. I had to stop to put on rain gear as I went through drizzly , wet weather in the morning. I n Mellen, I stopped T  little park, took photos and took off the rain gear. Later at Marengo, I stopped and had a drumstick and it had warmed and cleared up. About 4 miles out of Ashland, I hit smooth pavement and it felt like heaven to my body. I cycled past Northland College and right past Caroline’s street because I they were away camping near Thunder Bay. I was hungry so I went to Burger King for lunch. Then I went to Caroline’s empty house and unpacked, did laundry, had a shower and a nap and read some of Bryon Curtis’ book, Bluffs to Bayous. Around 6 pm I went for a walk down to Chequamegon Bay and afterwards landed up treating myself to supper at the family restaurant to celebrate the finish of my Wisconsin Bicycle Trip of 25 days. Starting tomorrow, I will have to watch what I eat because I won’t be burning as many calories each day. I checked my email and Face book . The two gerbils, Hawk and Snowflake Ruby stood up in awe watching me as I am a stranger to them. They are really cute.  It is Julia’s 2nd birthday today--hooray!!. I also tried to eliminate copied pictures from the downloading process for the blogs. I am missing a lot of photos because of that so eventually I will delete the folder that I am using and reload everything from my camera to a new folder. I had a hard time going to sleep . In the middle of the night , I turned on the fan.








































No comments:

Post a Comment