Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip-Day 19

Wisconsin Bicycle Trip, Day 19, Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sara Park in Tomahawk to County D  at Cooper’s Dam Lake  Auto and Cycle
86.69 km in 5 hrs.

I left Sara Park in Tomahawk at 6:30 after talking to a guy who has also bicycled in the past but since then he has been injured in the services and is on medication. I got lost leaving talk and flagged down a policeman for help. Instead of finding County A right away , I was on D and had to follow it to H  which then led to A. It was nice riding. I heard several loon calls. My first hour break was just at a road entrance. I came off A to Hwy 17 but was already past Nikky’s address but since she is away on vacation, that was alright. I came to Rhinelander but did not have to  go out of my way i8nto town. BUT I did have to decide whether to follow the river into the wind on Hwy 47 or take a shorter route on Hwy 17 with the wind on my back to Eagle River. The purpose of my bicycle trip was to follow the rivers so away I went into the wind and the 47 was pretty busy although it did have an edge. My next break was at a baseball park just before the smaller town of Lake Tomahawk. Then I rode into the town to see if I could buy an apple but they only had a meat market. I stopped at the visitor center and picked up a copy of the county map. Then I headed east on County D. I thought about stealth camping at the first dam but decided I wanted to go a little farther to the next dam. The second dam was more north on another Hwy around Dam Lake so I stopped at a resort place to see if I could camp there but she said “no” so a little farther I saw Brian working in his auto body shop and he said if his father said “yes” I could stay by the shop somewhere. I walked Silver to their house down a short lane and was given permission to stay. I tried a couple spots and the asked if I could set up in front of a shed and lean Silver against it. The whole family came over to talk to me which was nice and I took a picture. John, the dad stayed longer and we talked for a long time. John’s family has been here since 1946. Brian gave me his internet code so at least I could check the weather but since I was on battery, I didn’t want to try loading photos to the blog. I did type up one blog. At the shop, they fix auto’s and motorcycles and guns and behind the shed they have a shooting short and long shooting range. I will pray for John as he has prostrate cancer and his wife has heart trouble and rheumatoid arthritis. I did a journal before and then after supper but when the mosquitoes started , I went to bed. It is much easier to sleep when you have permission. Thank you again Lord for providing for me.

























No comments:

Post a Comment