Saturday, April 26, 2014

8. Europe Bicycle Trip-Tour of the Ijmuiden Harbour

The biggest of the 3 locks
My Ome Frits and Tante Thea came on Day 2, Friday, April 18 to pick us up and take us for a tour. First we went to the Harbour in Ijmuiden, the area where they lived when I last visited The Netherlands in 1978 with Dave and Caroline, who was 4 at the time. We had stayed with them for 5 weeks that summer. It was a  cool, windy morning there today.
My uncle joked that he had ordered this big auto boat from Norway to be there coming out of the lock.
Tante Thea and Ome Frits, Dane and Sarah looking down at me.
TaTa Steel Company
The ferry that goes between Ijmuiden, Netherlands and Newcastle, England
An oil rig
Fort Island-When my grandfather was in the military, he helped defend on this island.
The fisherman's Monument to honour those fishermen that died at sea
A fishing boat coming in for Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment