Saturday, April 26, 2014

7. Europe Bicycle Trip-Cousin Margot's House in Akersloot

Akersloot in North Holland
Front flower bed

Nice tulips in vases throughoutthe house
The kitchen and a computer area
The living room-this photo refuses to turn!

The back yard--I love the cow picture!
After a half hour ride north, Carola and I arrived in Akerslot. We had stopped for gas on the way and I had tried to buy some flowers and found out that the card machines only have numbers on them when my passwords are all in letters . Now I keep a copy of both in my journal. Ome Frits , Tante Thea, Sarah and Dane arrived shortly after.  My cousin, Margot, who has graciously offered to host us, was still at work teaching her Grade 5 class. We had a cup of tea together, and a short walk of Akersloot before saying goodbye to our wonderful welcome group. My uncle had come from Ijmuiden and Carola had come from Rotterdam. Thank you for meeting us and transporting us here.
We brought Sarah's luggage up to the bedroom for us and also saw Dane's nice room with a playpen for sleeping. In the bathroom was also a baby changing area and Margot had also borrowed a car seat from her neighbours. Thank you, Margot for equipping us to care for Dane.
When Margot came home, we said our grateful hellos and she gave us a tour of her place. It is very nice as the pictures show. She has worked hard for our arrival.
We had a cup of tea and exchanged gifts. Most of our gifts are maple syrup based. Margot gave us children's books and music CD to go with them.
Goodbye to Ome Frits, Tante Thea and Carola
Goodbye from Sarah
HELLO to my cousin, Margot, and Zina, her very nice cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment