Tuesday, April 22, 2014

5. Europe Bicycle Trip--OH NO !!!!!

I am quite a bit behind as I have been so busy.Today is Wed. April 23.but I want to tell about Wed. April 16th.

The MIX-UP !!

Emily brought Dave and I  to the airport with her new truck loaded in the back with the bicycle box and the suitcase. As we pulled everything in and started to go to the counter, we saw people heading out of the building toward a plane. No one was left at the check in counter. What is going on.We are here 1and 1/2 hours early for my 8:55 flight out. At first we thought it was an earlier plane but upon examining the board, we found out the flight number leaving was mine. How could that be????? In desperation, we started asking questions to a friend of Dave that works in the X ray area. Yes, that should have been my flight and they had been calling my name and even delayed a little. I showed my ticket which clearly said 8:55 but this plane was to leave at 7:55 and no one else could get on. I could not believe that this was happening after all these months of preparation. The travel agency had not called me to tell of any change and I had talked to Air Canada about a week before (after being on hold for 45 minutes) about my bicycle and they would have looked at the ticket and did not say anything. (Even today-a week later I don't know if the travel agency typed an 8 instead of a 7 or if there was a change and they did not let me know. All I know is that I will NEVER use a travel agency again!!)
A very nice lady then came to the desk to help us out. I was near tears and it was good that Dave and Emily were there to calm me down! I would be able to catch the next plane but it would be a very close call in Toronto to make the KLM flight. I would have to run and Sarah, coming from Ottawa would have to try to delay the plane. We would see what would have. All is in the hands of the Lord!
Final goodbyes to Emily and Dave and off I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment