Saturday, April 26, 2014

9. Europe Bicycle Trip- Family History

The house where we stayed with Ome Frits and Tante Thea
After touring the Ijmuiden Harbour, we drove past several important family places.
Mercurius Weg 4
Huister Hagen-old age home where my grandmother(Oma) and Tante Nel lived.
Beeckestijn-workers house where my great grandfather's family and also my grandfather's family lived and worked as gardeners of the estate. My mother lived here until she was about 10 years old. Only the left part was living quarters because the right part was stables.
This restaurant part used to be stables.
The coat of arms of Beeckestijn
The estate house of Beeckestijn is now a museum. There were several of these estates around the Netherlands.
Later, my grandfather and his brother bought the 2 sides of this house. My mother lived here until she married.

No comments:

Post a Comment