Tuesday, April 29, 2014

12. Europe Bicycle Trip--A morning stroll around Akersloot

This morning, on Sat.April 19 (although it is April 29th as I type this), We went with Margot for a stroll around Akersloot finishing with a tour of a windmill (next blog). It was a fresh, cool morning with a little wind. We walked to the lake and that it when I found out that my suitcase had arrived in Holland. I jumped for joy. We were to expect it today sometime. We passed the area where Margot brings her school children to play and many cyclists went by that were doing a long 100km. ride. I danced in front of the man playing the accordion for the bicyclers at their refreshment stop. We stopped at the bakery to say hello to Margot's daughter Linde who was working. It was busy. The butcher shop where another daughter, Inge, works was even busier so we just said hello. We also passed a man who had built his own boat. All the houses are neat with tidy little yards. Then we came to the windmill after passing many houses with horse decorations on them.

Alkmarder Meer
Linde

Ladies first!

For Andy and David
For David
Music man--I did a dance to his music.
Typical Street

No comments:

Post a Comment