Wednesday, April 23, 2014

6. Europe Bicycle Trip--More Problems

It's a good thing that I am also a runner. I had been given Seat 2 at the front of the plane. Upon arriving in Toronto , I put on my backpack and grabbed my computer bag and was the first off the plane. Then I started RUNNING, asking people along the way for directions and looking up at the signs also. Thank you, Lord for answering my prayer for there was Sarah, with Dane coming toward me. Everyone else was boarded unto the plane already and we were the last ones! BUT alas the tickets we had purchased months ago showed our seats together in a side row of three and this was a different bigger airplane and they had completely split us up with Sarah 10 rows ahead and in the middle section of 5 in a children's row. The stewardess wanted us to take our seats so the plane could leave and would help us try to change later. The man next to Sarah was stubborn that he would not be changed even though it meant 2 little children





 near him but thankfully the man next to me offered to go and finally we were together on the side of the plane in 2 seats. Now we were in the air and really on the way! Dane fussed until about 12 o'clock our time and then fell asleep across our two laps. He looked funny with the black face mask over his face. Later, when he moved , Sarah held him. There was only a little turbulence and we arrived at Schiphol Airport almost 50 minutes early. Dane was out cold and we woke him up slowly. We were the last ones to leave the plane and what a messy looking plane it was. I wouldn't want the job of cleaning it. Now onward to the baggage area but first a short washroom stop to freshen up and change Dane. Well of course--NO luggage or bicycle for me so there was a LONG wait to double check and fill out appropriate forms. We thought our relatives would leave thinking that we were not there! Sarah finally went with her luggage and pushing Dane and met Ome Frits and Tante Thea and my cousin Carola who had her van for the bicycle. Then I followed later. There was a nice round of hugs and kisses and explanations. Walking past the airport I AMSTERDAM sign made us feel -yes we qare in the Netherlands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment