Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 86- Not going fast enough -hurt feelings






Day 86 Monday, August 2, 2010 Distance 102.09 km. Time 5 hr. 12 min. Total so far 6002.86 km. We left the Stonehurst campground at 8 am. Although it was cool again this morning, the Gear 1 hill to get to the front gate warmed us up quickly. In the morning we took Hwy. 112. It was still very bumpy and the wind was on our back BUT I wasn’t going fast enough for Dave’s liking and he made a comment that hurt my feelings ( I am a very emotional female and it doesn’t take much to turn me on or off about something). I was doing the best I could. For the rest of he day he was ahead and I pouted, still going as fast as I could which was 20 km. per hour. I then decided not to take any pictures for today so as not to go slower. I just can’t go as fast as Dave any more. We passed farmland and bush land and were riding fairly flat up on a ridge. After 3 hours, I couldn’t see Dave and I needed a break and lunch so I stopped at Canaan Pentecostal Church in some shade and had an apple, a date square and a granola bar. Later, I passed Dave waiting at the bottom of a hill. I hardly saw him as I whizzed past. We finally came to Hwy. 10 and in the heat of the day, stopped at a visitor center to get water. Shortly after, we turned to Hwy. 105 and kept going past some spots (where I would have taken photos) until we reached Lakeside campground which was pretty empty today after the holiday. I was EXHAUSTED and just don’t want to push day after day doing over 100 km. That is not fun anymore. We set up the tent in the DIRT and slept the rest of the afternoon. I woke at 6 pm., had a shower, made supper, typed a blog on Microsoft Word and went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I wrote you an email, but: remember you're a team! This is the end of your cross country trip of a lifetime! Enjoy it together! Put yourselves in the other's shoes and see if you can come up with a compromise. I hate to see you biking so far apart, its not as safe!

    LOVE YOU!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad!
    YOU BETTER NOT GET TO OTTAWA BEFORE I DO!!!!!!! or else I will have a very prolonged stay at the "neath"

    Love you lots and miss you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete