Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 4-First Collision







Day 4, Wednesday, May 12, 2010 Distance 84.33 km. Time 4 hr 52 min. Total so far 301.90 km. Roadkill 6 Today we went from Atlanta to Rose City. No rain again and not too cool. The sun was shining. It was perfect for riding and we had some great hills. Near the first rest area, the toilet was busy! In 5 years of riding, Dave and I have never had a collision but in Fairview he stopped suddenly when an elderly couple said hello and since he didn't signal, my bike hit his rear and as it was going down, I managed to unclip and fall backwards on my bum on the road. Then I hit the back of my head. Thank goodness for helmets and that no car was in the lane. Silver was okay as the panniers took the blow. I was a little shaken but thankfully, not hurt. Needless to say, I stayed about 100 meters back the rest of the day! In Mio, we met a friendly guy called Marshall who is a retired autoworker from Detroit and has moved here recently. We landed up talking about King James study bibles. It was very windy in the afternoon, so we bought groceries and I found a neat camping spot in the bush just past Rose City.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary and Dave .Hope the ground at the barn was not to hard. Wish i could of done more. Have a safe trip. If you get this way again Stop.Mike Sandridge rd,Weston,ohio

    ReplyDelete