Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 14-Riding in the rain









Day 14 Saturday May 22, 2010 Distance 89.60 km. Time 4 hrs. 53 min. Total so far 901.79 km. Elevation total today 2272 ft. It was dry when we packed up but as we biked it started to drizzle and increased but it was a warm rain and we felt good being on the bicycles riding after our day off. At North Fairfield, I got my first huge ice cream cone. DELICIOUS! We talked to Joe who is a mentally challenged young man. David, our grandson has had a meeting with a big snapping turtle this year. Well, now we have. On the road we passed a turtle and I stopped to try to kick it off the road. Well it was very alive and turned itself around as quick as could be and snapped at me. It wouldn't even move for Dave so we left it. In New London at lunch, I saw a long limousine truck and asked to take a picture of it and the three young fellows that built it talked to me . They were having a pig roast benefit for a young woman with breast cancer and they had made the roaster. They opened it up and let me take a picture of the pigs. We arrived in Huntington for the night and stayed in the town park under the pavilion. We met Jim and Anna and their great grand children, Benton and Chad, that they were babysitting. They like to motorcycle and have a three wheeler coming next week for Anna. Their whole family lives in this area and Jim is proud of his Cherokee background. I talked to their son, Doug, in the evening. He is the baseball coordinator and we watched the 9 year old pirates playing. I told them about our grandson, SETH, who is playing baseball for the first time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment