Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 12- Farm country back roads and another flat tire for Mary Ann









Day 12 Thursday, May 20, 2010 Distance 78.01 km. Time 4 hrs. 17 min. Total so far 812.19 km. We left Mike's barn and rode gorgeous back country farm roads that were smoothly paved. We could ride side by side and I could listen to my music. The crops are corn and soy beans. There are no cattle or dairy farms here. We passed through Wayne, Burgoon and Bettsville. When we finished lunch at the town park in Bettsville, my back tire was flat. I'm getting really good at changing my tires, but Dave hasn't thought to take my photo doing it yet. How could it be on our trip out west and back that I only had one flat the whole trip!? Anyway it was a tiny little piece of metal. It was very hot and stormy looking so we stopped and put up the tent in the parking lot of Beaver Creek Reservoir. There was only one car when we came but at 6 pm, there were about 6 vehicles. Everyone was going fishing!!

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you Mom & Dad!! I love all the pics! Glad the road conditions are good and that you're on country roads with hopefully not as much traffic! Supposed to be hot here all next week.
    Stay safe! We're thinking of you ALL the time!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA! Good job you two! I love the pictures and story updates! The picture of the two of you on the swing is great! Mom, you'll need to give me a lesson on tire changing, I am horrible at it and it sounds like you're becoming a pro! Hope it stays pumped for a good while now! Lots of love and kisses from 'Teething" Trynie! (and us of course) Keep it up! We miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete