Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 19- Happy 11th Birthday, Amy






Day 19 Thursday May 27, 2010 Distance 77.17 km. Time 4 hrs. 27 min. Total so far 1569.6 km. Today we were fortunate enough to be at Darryl and Heidi's home in Union City so we were able to call our oldest granddaughter, Amy, to wish her a happy birthday. How time flies as she is now a beautiful young girl of 11 years old. After, we took photos with Darryl's family and said goodbye. After about 10 min. we were back because I couldn't find our sun tan lotion and bum cream. No luck so we also checked at the grocery store and came up empty. It was another hot day. Most of the day we were cycling downhill between two rows of hills. Along the road were farm buildings and businesses. In Youngstown at the grocery store, Tate and Chris, had a lot of questions for us. I also found our missing items in the bag between my lunch bag and it's silnylon outer bag. That was after we purchased more suntan lotion as I was burnt from the morning. My bottom was glad for an application of butt cream.We finally arrived in Warren and went to the visitor center. I took a photo of a statue of a boy which was in memory of the thousands of young boys brought here during the great depression to work in the Allegheny National Forest. I also picked up a brochure on Timber Rattlesnakes which are found in the bush here. That makes stealth camping sound a little less attractive and from now on I will pee on or near the road and not down in the ditches. There were photos of turkeys on the wall and they had a computer that had a huge screen on the wall so I clicked in to the blog and saw the photos really big in size. The nearest campground was 16 miles away and it was about 94 degrees so we decided to get a room a the Super 8. I did laundry and spent the evening doing 4 blogs. Sarah called and we talked to her on Skype and saw our granddaughter, Tryne.

No comments:

Post a Comment