Saturday, August 30, 2014

186. Europe Bicycle Trip--Xervon

I  continued to cycle from Bonn area toward Cologne . The cycle path stayed nicely along the Rhine River but as with any big city, industrial parks are also in the outskirts and I approached Industrie Park Koln-Merkenich on the south end of Koln (Cologne).
St. Georg Church
The small village of Widdig
Approaching Cologne (Koln)
River front promenade
Here I must be on the leash
Industriepark Koln-Merkenich   Since 2002 it has been managed by Xervon. With approximately 8,100 employees, Xervon is a major international service company, especially in the process industry. The core sectors include chemical, petrochemical, energy and steel industry as well as construction and shipyards. It has sales of 580 million a year.
I cycled as quickly as I could away from here so as not to breathe in too much air.
Panorama of Industry Park

No comments:

Post a Comment