Friday, August 29, 2014

184. Europe Bicycle Trip--HOORAY !! I Have GPS Maps Again !!

Lots of barge activity today
Lovely riding -The hills, the train tracks, the road for cars, the bicycle path an the river with the barges
Time for a selfie as I am all alone
Unkel is a town on the right bank of the Rhine about 20 km southeast of Bonn. Unkel is the seat of the Verbandsgemeine (collective municipality) of Unkel. It is mainly Roman Catholic and is at the edge of the Rhine-Westerwald Nature Park. The most important sights are the baroque palace (Freiligrathaus) built in 1760 and the Catholic Church, St. Pantaleon. The old town wall is well preserved.
Nice that the sign is visible
An interesting little secret door
I won't go that way!
Marina in Oberwinter
Interesting building
Since I was getting close to Bonn, I thought I would check my GPS and Lo and Behold , the map in it is now working. Hooray!!!!! I have not been able to use it for 2 weeks since arriving at The Boden Zee (Lake Constance) because my original Europe map was accidentally erased when Abe was downloading the knoop punten maps.
I hadn't been feeling one hundred percent today but the fact that the GPS now worked, made me feel much, much better!

1 comment: