Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Visits in Limmen and Long Island Restaurant

Pauline and Sander came this afternoon to pick me up. I offered to pay Sander the money that he spent to send me the blue blowup seat but he said no and that it was a company promotion. We went to Velsebroek and picked up Tante Thea. 

She is now 93 and has a little memory loss and a little difficulty walking. It was so nice to see her again. May God bless you, Tante Thea.

Pauline looks good and is working as an accountant full time. 

She sews her own clothes. She filled me in on how her 2 sons are doing. Both are working young adults now.

Margot now lives in an apartment with Gijs in Limmen. She is retired now and only helps in the classroom once in a while.

Gijs is still working fulltime. But they have bought a camper and go in search of the sun for restoration and relaxation.

We had tea and coffee  and later a delicious lasagna , salad and ice cream . Then we played 5 games of Rumikub. They are all fast as lightning when they play. Gijs and I were partners and won several games due to his skill, not mine. I was a little tired from being sick 2 days before. I also didn't eat as much as I would have liked because my stomach had shrunk so much.

Inge's corner- a nice memory corner and also an urn with some of her ashes that will be sprinkled at an appropriate time 

The Lake Louise photo shows her friendly smile that we will always remember.

31 years of age from skin cancer gone internal

Certainly it is extremely difficult for Margot and for sisters Maiike who is teaching and taking Masters and Linde who is playing rugby in England.
Thank you for a lovely outing and delicious meal Pauline and Margot. May God bless you both.

I had a nice visit with my childhood penpal, Corry and my cousin, Lia at the restaurant in Toolenberg Plas. We walked from near Dick's house. We had a seat outside by the water.

Lia had a glass gift for each of us that she had soldered.

She and Corry both had photos to show.

We also tried to get What's App on Lia's phone.

I felt bad that I had had to cancel our first arrangement because I had been sick. 

I will continue to keep in touch. May God bless you, Corry.

I hope you enjoy your vacation in Italy, Lia. May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment