Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Visit to Gouda

 

Margot was the driver today. She and Pauline picked me up at 9:30 on this Sunday morning. It seemed like a long drive to Gouda compared to when I cycle it. It was good to see Tant Betty. She is now 86 and is as agile as ever. After Carola arrived she served us tea, coffee and a special Gouda dessert. 

Then we went with two cars to a nice nature area where Betty walks with her friends. Carola and Margot walked ahead catching up on each other's news and feelings. 

There were lots of little canals.

Betty and Pauline were talking about Thea and Ome Jan when he was older.

I split my time with both groups as well as taking photos.

I couldn't get over how Betty's hair stays naturally dark when mine has turned white especially in the front.

I took this Vizla photo for Emily.

Carola was working for the orchestra the last time I was here. Since then she has tried high school chemistry teaching but has moved up to university level which she likes much better because the students are more motivated.


The first lady I asked to photo us had no luck so the father of the next family did a good job .

By the flower baskets

Smiles

Over the bridge

On the bridge

Rental motor scooters

We started outside but then moved inside where it was quieter. We enjoyed a nice meal. I had crokets and the others had salads

Until next time
Safe ride home

Thanks for coming

The House

Boats in the canal



The restaurant



Reflections

Our group split in two again

More fall reflections

The equipment bicycle. The Dutch make lots of use of outdoor exercise areas.

Thank you for coming, Carola. May God bless you.

Thank you for tea, goodies and lunch Tante Betty . May God bless you.

Thank you Margot for safe driving and picking me up. May God bless you.

Thank you Pauline for making arrangements and helping with navigation and visiting with me. May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment