Monday, October 9, 2023

60km Bike ride

I decided to go for a 60km. circular bicycle ride today to see the North Sea and the dunes.
 
The parking lot of the local grade school

Beautiful fall scene that I turned around and cycled back to photograph.

The path is almost all covered with leaves.

An older cycle path

Tennis courts were busy with lessons but no Pickleball

My first glimpse of the North Sea

Other direction

The dunes

An up and down path through the dunes

Selfie





Leaving North Holland to enter South Holland

The dunes between here and Noordwijk
                    
Nederzandt beach

No one wants to swim today and the wind is enough to blow you down.





The dog of the lady that I asked to take my picture wanted to say hello.

One photo with helmet on...


...and one photo with helmet off

Selfie

Winblown

     I stopped  and had  a hot chocolate and apple tart with whipped cream not knowing what it would do to me later that evening.

Outskirts of Noordwijk

Queen Wilhemena

A few more people but still very windy

Agility center

House with straw roof

We just cross over- whenever and without looking

Nice shutters

Fall flowers

Sedum, mums and more

Backside of windmill

Little windmill...

...by a campground



This boat went racing past.

A beautiful Dutch place

Lisse

Only the Dutch can make buildings in water!

Nieuw-Vennup where Marnix, and Daniel live

The bridge construction over the path.
I stopped at Toolenberg Plas to eat 2 raisin buns and 2 mandarins but I was feeling very tired all of a sudden. It had tried to rain a little and the wind was still strong. All I wanted to do was go to my room and lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment