Monday, November 6, 2023

Flying home


  On Wednesday, October 11th after Dick so nicely brought me to the entrance of Schiphol Airport I was able to get a trolley . He helped me load the bicycle box vertically with the suitcase behind it. We hugged quickly and said goodbye and he was off. The bicycle box and suitcase stayed on the trolley with the help  of an angel to help with the up and down part of crossing the street. Thank you, Dick! Thank you young man!

I had to go a little way to get to the Air Canada gate and it was difficult because I couldn't see straigh ahead. Luckily it was early morning and not too crowded. The worker saw me coming with my big load and asked if the first receptionist lady could take me . She said yes and weighed my suitcase and took it but didn't weigh the bike box so that saved me some work. I had to proceed to oversized luggage area where a young worker helped me load the box on a conveyor belt.

Now I was free of my baggage a followed a long line a long way to another security entrance area. I passed security and then spent some time walking around stores.

Each person that I met on my bicycle trip has a different life story to tell just like all these flowers  have different colours and when they are all put together they make a beautiful bouquet. May God bless ALL those who were a PART of my SUCCESSFUL journey to spread HIS WORD!
 
I took some photos and looked to see what I could buy with my leftover Euros.

I bought some cheese with cheese cutter for my friend, Ken and some Dutch stroopwafels and Dutch zoute dropjes and some Dutch serviettes. 

I bought some water and visited the washroom several times.

A Dutch KLM by our window

I sat by other people and ate my raisin buns and grapes.
   
Our Air Canada plane was running a little late. It was to leave at 12:15. I did not know at the time that my Silver did not get loaded even though we were among the first to check in at 9am.

An Israeli airplane. Hamas had attacked Israel on Oct. 6th and killed 

I arrived in Toronto at 2:30 pm where I had 6 hours to wait because there are only 2 flights each day to the Sault.

I went through customs with the help of an agent and then bought hamburger and Fries and finally made my way to Sault Ste. Marie area. The plane was late. When it finally came I asked if they had loaded a bicycle and they said no. So I stayed at the front of the plane while they looked . The passengers were irritated with me for the delay. It was not found in Toronto and theu said it was probably still in Schiphol. I was frustrated. When we got to the Sault an agent was waiting to fill out a report for me. 

Dave is sporting some facial hair which surprised me as well as his loss of weight. I am thankful for his support of my adventures!
      


Poor Silver did not arrive home until 4 days later but my good packing job kept her safe and intact and now I get to put her together again .(Later I received a 60 dollar voucher for the inconvenience. Since it only cost me 50 dollars I came out ahead.)


Dave had a dozen beautiful red roses waiting for me. Thank you my loving husband!



And so another adventure has come to an end. My 84 day long journey passed by quite quickly. I am very thankful to God for watching over me the whole time. He kept me safe and helped me arrange shelter and food and train transport. A very big thank you to all those in Warmshowers, couchsurfing ,  Welcome to My Garden and campgrounds . Also many thanks to  Edward Fréchette and Jean Noël and Dona for my stays . 

"With God all things are possible"
Matthew 19:26






No comments:

Post a Comment