Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 Last walk around the lake with Dick and Finish Packing

Today is September 18th and my last day in Europe. It has been a fantastic time. I woke late as did Carla.  I spent most of the morning finishing the packing up of Silver. I managed to get her into the box by looking at photos on my camera to tie her altogether again the same way she was when we arrived. I had a weigh scale borrowed from Carla and kept putting things in until it was just under 70 pounds. Then I taped her shut and this time put arrows to mark which way was up. I went upstairs and filled the suitcase until the weighing tool from Carla showed just under 50 pounds. I brought it downstairs by going backwards and sort of dragging it along. I did not want Dick to move it because of his bad back. I put it ready by the front door. Then my backpack could hold all the heavy items like all the museum pamphlets, bicycle key chains souvenirs, my two cheeses and the stroop waffle packages. It seemed heavy but was not near the 22 pounds allowed. At 12 0'clock I went to Marnix  in the office. He was going to help me with checking in with Air Canada. We had trouble with the luggage cost so I said to leave it until the airport. We did change my seats to aisle seats so I was happy about that.

After lunch, I went with Dick to walk Sepp and Victor around the lake. We talked briefly to this boy who was fishing.

It was not busy today. The water was calm and the sky had nice clouds.





We had a good time and nice chat. I will miss that.

We loaded the vehicle before supper and enjoyed a nice evening together with a nice supper made by Dick followed by a "tootje" dessert, then some TV and Baguerra laying on my lap, a little drink, also many thank you's again for how wonderful Dick and Carla have been for me  and another  conversation about Jesus. At 11pm., I said goodnight and gave hugs and when I got upstairs I Skyped Dave one last time and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment